Bulbapedia policies in general are statements issued by Bulbapedia that have varying scope and power. They fall into four categories:
- Policies - these are strongly binding recommendations and can be considered law.
- Guidelines - these are non-binding recommendations for administrators and users.
- Processes - these outline formal processes on Bulbapedia such as dispute resolution.
- Statements - these are official statements on things such as fair use.
A summary of the offenses which can lead to blocking include but are not limited to:
- Malicious page editing
- Link hijacking
- Edit or revert wars
- Avoiding blocks through sockpuppets or proxy IPs
- Violations of other Bulbapedia policies
The username policy outlines what is and what is not permissible in a username on Advertisment, and the regulations on bots.
If you make more than 5 edits to your userspace a week. We will lock it since it may put stress on the server.
Edicts are the final say on specific issues, and may be issued by the admins (like myself the owner, Aselia123). They are completely binding; ignoring them carries severe consequences, which may include a block.
Appeals to have an edict rescinded or modified may be addressed to the admins via talk pages. Then we will discuss it.
Manual of styleEdit
The Advertisement manual of style dictates the conventions and rules for writing used on Advertisement. It outlines the rules on names, titles, redirects, writing style, usage, etc.
The notability requirements dictate what is and is not notable enough to merit a Advertisement article.
Protected page guidelinesEdit
Protected pages on Advertisement can only be edited by administrators. These are guidelines for adminstrators to decide whether an article requires protection.
The formalized dispute resolution process on Advertisement is based on hearings at two tiers.
- Policy is (based) off of bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net policy. This is only a temporary policy until we can make on of our own.